beautyandthereader

Beauty and the Reader

A booklover who reads anything and loves fairy tales. My favourite books are those from Kerstin Gier, Cassandra Clare and Rick Riordan. My favourite fairytales are Beauty and the Beast and the Sleeping Beauty.

Stunning - Sara Shepard

*could contain spoilers from previous books in the Pretty Little Liars series*

Stunning is the eleventh book in the Pretty Little Liars series. In this review, I will mainly be ranting. However, don't get me wrong on this, I still like the books, I just think they're getting a little repetitive.

First things first: the plot.Each book starts with a kind of flashback, which I think is pretty cool. I always love the start of a Pretty Little Liars book. However, then it continues and the plot is almost always the same: they know there is another A, but at first, he/she doesn't do much. Later, they get a note, and start suspecting someone, from whom I can at the very beginning tell isn't A. However, the liars always keep suspecting him/her till the end, or somewhere close.

As a reader, this plot could become very very boring. We all knew Kelsey wasn't A, right? And still, all liars suspected her or at least considered she could be A for approx. a day. Only Emily doesn't suspect people that easily, but this is only because she still thinks Ali is A. Don't get me wrong on this, I still en

joy reading books in this series, but I'm just waiting for the real plot twist to come.

Now more about the characters. I used to like reading from Spencer's point of view, but I don't anymore. The main thing her life revolves around now are drugs, and I just don't like the way she handles things. Moreover, all the things that happened to her weren't a surprise to me, not at all. I just knew it was going to happen, because it was predictable. I really hope Spencer is going to change back into the person she was, because she is certainly my least favourite liar at the moment.
However, in this book, I did like Hanna a lot. In contrast to Spencer, Hanna is the character whom I did not really liked at first, but do like most now (by this, I only mean reading from her viewpoint, I still like Ems best ;)). I just think her plot was way more interesting, and although I didn't find a major plot twist in her "story", there were a few unexpected things. The same goes for Ems and her little baby. However, I don't think there was a major event in Ems's "story", except for her baby, so that as well disappointed me a little.
As for Aria, the plot was okay. I liked the secrets and the way A played her, since I found a few twists here I didn't expect at all. Also, I start liking her character more and more, which is also because of Noel Kahn.

You probably wonder why I still read Pretty Little Liars. That is very simple: I still enjoy reading it. Yes, some things annoy me and yes, some things get a little too repetitive, but no, this doesn't stop me from reading it. Pretty Little Liars is just a series I want to finish, and whenI read it, it's just very relaxing. I don't have to think much (it's not like I will be able to figure out who A is anyways) and just enjoy their problems. Mean, right? But it is the truth. I do like the things that happen, I just wished they wouldn't happen to them. That is the thing that bothers me most of all: it keeps happening to them. Why not someone else? Why not write a new series? I'm hoping to get the answer in the last book called Vicious! (By the way, It bothers me in some way, but if it happened other wise, I wouldn't have liked it either. I don't want a story without the four liars, I mean, we all love them, right? ;))

In conclusion, I would recommend this book to those who, just like me, can't just stop reading a book without getting answers, or those who are just really patient. If you really hate a long series, without getting answers to your questions, I would recommend you to stop reading after the eighth book.